The self-service feature vastly reduces the amount of time IT administrators take to manage AD Groups.
By moving your AD Group management into a self-service format, you effectively share the task between your IT administrators, business managers, and regular AD users.
- Improve accuracy.
- Provide accountability.
- Meet your compliance mandates.
- Reduce the work burden on your IT team.
Once Active Directory Group management has been delegated to business managers, they can:
- View all the Groups they "own".
- View the users within their Groups.
- View, join or leave Groups.
- Approve or reject Group membership requests.
- Add and remove a user from a Group depending on the Group's security policy.
Users can assist with group management by viewing groups and other users (based on permissions); and by requesting access or removal from groups. Email notifications provide Group owners with status updates and comments regarding users activities.