As Thycotic Software’s Senior Account Manager, you will be responsible for co- leading a dynamic sales team in the generation, development and account management of new and existing business. You will help hire, develop and mentor sales staff, forecast and manage sales pipelines, and increase company brand recognition through consultative selling tactics.
WHAT'S IT LIKE TO WORK HERE?
This position is required to influence decisions regarding sales strategies, customer relationship management, and driving the sales process by personal engagement in key deals. As such, critical skills for the Senior Account Manager include:
- Customer Relation Skills: The talent to build and maintain relationships with customers in order to grow revenues and margins is key to this position, as well as the ability to gain understanding of the customers’ businesses in order to offer the customer tailor made advice about forthcoming product developments or services.
- Mentoring: The valuable expertise, specific skills and the in-depth knowledge of the Senior Account Manager allow him/her to act as a mentor to our sales team, enhancing their growth as sales professionals and to further develop potential leads.
- Market intelligence: In the highly competitive software sales market, it is necessary to have an ongoing knowledge and understanding of our marketplace and developments in our customer base. Specific trends or shifts in the market need to be monitored, tracked, analyzed and reported to management or other parts of the organization.
- Technical knowledge: To understand Thycotic’s products in great detail, the Senior Account Manager must have a good grasp of technical knowledge that allows for the co-operation between the sales and development departments.
- Sales Methodology and Practices Expertise: The ability to assess and improve upon sales cycle and training is essential.
- Competitive, energetic and collaborative business development executive.
- 3-5 (minimum) years sales experience in the IT industry.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including strong self-motivation, focus and passion for selling software and services of value.
- Proven leader comfortable managing sales staff.
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve and manage client relationships.
- Experience preparing and presenting winning proposals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to close business.
- Ability to travel frequently for conferences nationally and internationally.
- Permanent legal right to work in the United States.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not mandatory.
How you will be measured (KPIs):
- Achieving activity quotas and pass scorecards.
- Contributions to monthly sales total.
- Living Thycotic’s “Core Values”.
- Overall success of sales team, including improvement of skills, experience and morale of other sales team members.
- Tangible results from sales audits, pipeline reviews and call coaching.
Thycotic Software is a dynamic information technology company located in the heart of Washington, DC. Thycotic offers its employees a chance to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment where your contributions and ideas are valued; a culture that led us to be named, one of the "10 Best Tech Companies to Work For" by Business Insider. Our compensation package includes a competitive base salary, generous commission, bonus program as well as fully paid health, dental, and life insurance and 401k.
Thycotic is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How do I apply?
- Leave a voicemail delivering a confident pitch (see instructions below).
Send a cover letter to
saying why we
should consider you. Don't send a boring standard cover letter - take a look
at our website, thycotic.com, and think about it.
- Send us your resume.
- This is your chance to sell us on something. Anything. Give us your pitch and show off your communication skills with a well delivered voicemail that makes us want to call you back right away!
Call (641) 715-3900 Extension: 855296
Why do I have to leave a voicemail?
Because this job involves a lot of phone time and we want to hear how you sound on the phone.
- NO RECRUITERS
- NO OFFSHORING
- NO OUTSOURCING
- NO TELECOMMUTING
- NO VISA SPONSORSHIP
REQUIRED TO APPLY
(Must do everything):
- Send your resume AND cover letter to
- Leave us your voicemail (instructions below)